Wednesday, November 26, 2008
This Friday around the Avenue, a lot of merchants will be open a little early and stay open a little later than usual, some will have some snacks and drinks but we'll all be having plenty of sales!
We'll have tons of selected books, comics and toys on sale for 25-80% off!
Nolen Stral's MD Black Flag shirts are back, as well as his I Heart Bmore Hoodies.
We should have more Obama shirts this weekend as well!
This Saturday kicks off the lights on 34th St. And along the Avenue itself you may have noticed some cool street light decorations, too. They've all been created by local artists.
Next Sunday is the Annual Mayor's Christmas Parade, which starts at 2pm, and for a few weekends in December, Santa's going to be walking around and will be available for photo ops. Here's a handy listing of these and other upcoming events.
So come on down to the Avenue and walk that turkey/tofurkey off!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
WYPR - 88.1FM Baltimore
WYPF - 88.1FM Frederick/Hagerstown and
WYPO - 106.9 Eastern Shore
The Signal airs Fridays at noon and again at 7PM.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
December 3rd, 7pm at Atomic Books!
Kramers Ergot 7 has already made several Best of 2008 lists and it's not even technically out yet.
Come see it for yourself and meet the editor, Sammy Harkham, as well as artists Ron Rege, Kevin Huizenga and John Pham.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
From StickerGuy, a gallery of all the Bush related stickers they've made over the years.
Just for you Mr. Bush! Thanks for nearly ten years of good laughs -- now go, uh, "enjoy" yourself. The party is over; it's time for us to take an aspirin and clean up the mess. We're afraid our new President Obama won't inspire as many voices as you have. Here's to Hope, and to hoping that our customers will continue to find something that inspires them as much as you have. The reality is that in a diverse, democratic society, with a leader who can finish a sentence, there isn't as much to raise your voice about. Without you, Mr. Bush, we expect it to be a bit quiet for awhile here at Sticker Guy!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Well I've started a group on Facebook for all you single people with similar interests (i.e. Atomic Books) to mingle. Of course not everyone in the group is single but may have single friends they can introduce you to.
Monday, November 10, 2008
1. Freakangels - I started reading this online, and didn't think I'd care about the print version much, but I was wrong. Reading this in print is inexplicably satisfying.
2. Zine Yearbook - Have you gotten behind on your zines? Well this annual collects the best of the past year and this really is a great overview of the whole scene.
3. The Disciples - I can't stop looking at this book. It is just SO well done.
1. The Tick: The Complete Edlund - After years of the Tick Omnibus collections going in and out of print - it's now available as an Omnibus of the Ominbuses so to speak. Darker and funnier than the TV shows.
2. The Great Derangement - Rolling Stone's Taibbi journeys through an America on the verge of a mental breakdown under the strain of war, politics and, of course, religion.
3. The Gum Thief - novelist Coupland sets his new in paperback novel in an office supply store where a middle-aged stock clerk writes mock diary entries of another sales associate - a goth twentysomething - and she's shocked to discover he's getting it pretty damn right...
Friday, November 07, 2008
We're hanging out with Henry Owings from Chunklet, who'll be reading from his new book The Rock Bible. And then we'll play some Rock Band 2. Starts at 7.
If there are any drummers out there bring some sticks! That Neil Eber broke one of the sticks last time.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
This little video clip from last night at the Hon Bar is one of the many cheers that went on all night, but nothing like the one that went off when Obama was announced the President Elect.
I'm speechless, but it was an amazing night. It's still all sinking in.
It was great seeing everyone there and spending the historic moments with friends.