Mail Bag: Inmate Poetry

We sometimes get odd and interesting letters sent to us at Atomic Books. It isn't always easy to determine the intent of the sender. But we thought it might be interesting to share these letters from time to time.

This letter was sent to us from an inmate at the Maryland Correctional Facility in Hagerstown, MD.

This Is Not An Idle Threat
by Jed P.

I'm going to hunt down,
I'm going to find and kill William Blake.
He had no right
To do like he done to me -
But he'll get his due.

And if that Byron happens to be there,
I'm gonna take out that son of a bitch too.

After that I'm heading straight
For you Rimbaud
You know that you were dead wrong
To be messing around with my baby girl.
I'll never understand,
I'll never see what she was doing
With a cocksucker like you!

On and I'm finally going to get back
The money that Walt Whitman owes me.
He'll pay that seven twenty-five,
He'll pay one way or the other,
After I'm through.

And if that Byron happens to be there,
I'm gonna take out that son of a bitch too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atomic Reading Club 2024: The End

Atomic Reading Club 2023 - Outer Limits

Baltimore Record Shops - 40 Years Ago