Chris Pitzer's Top 5 Comics of 2011

This year, we asked a number of our friends who are also cartoonists and comics publishers and editors what their favorite comics of 2011 were. Over the next few weeks, we'll be posting those lists.

Chris Pitzer is the publisher of AdHouse Books. 

Fave Book: Forming by Jesse Moynihan
Yes, it’s true I had a hand in helping to distribute this, but even if that wasn’t the case, I still consider this my favorite of 2011. I love the world building. I love the smart-ass dialogue. I love the art. I love the book design. The only drawback is that it’s the first of three. I want them all now. Visit Jesse Moynihan.

Fave Minneapolis Find: Deer Prince by britt c. h.
As usually happens at a show, someone walked by with an interesting thing in their hands. I asked them if I could check it out, and it ended up being Deer Prince by britt c.h. I found the artist a little later and picked up the mini and a sketchcard. Pretty fun stuff.

Fave Zine: Drop Target
I’m not a pinball nut, but for some strange reason I enjoy reading about them. Visit the Drop Target blog.

Fave Baltimore-Related Mini-Comic: SF by Ryan Cecil Smith
Ryan Cecil Smith used to go to MICA, and even produced a fantastic mini-comic about his adventures there. But he really bowled me over with his new SF comic series. I’m sad that the latest issue was stolen from my car in Brooklyn. Visit Ryan Cecil Smith.

Fave Comic I Still Haven’t Read Yet: ROM by Josh Bayer
Who knows if I’ll like it, but it is supposed to be a remake of an old ROM comic. I like old ROM comics. I picked this up from Josh at PACC.

Visit AdHouse Books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atomic Reading Club 2024: The End

Atomic Reading Club 2023 - Outer Limits

Baltimore Record Shops - 40 Years Ago