Zach Hazard Vaupen's Top 5 Comics Of 2011

This year, we asked a number of our friends who are also cartoonists and comics publishers and editors what their favorite comics of 2011 were. Over the next few weeks, we'll be posting those lists.

Zach Hazard Vaupen is a cartoonist whose work includes Wigger Haircut and Hatred For A Human Host.

In no particular order.


1. 1-800-Mice by Matthew Thurber
Definitely the funniest comic I read this year. It gives the term "fuck nature" a whole new meaning.

2. Black Mass #6 by Patrick Kyle
The best (and maybe only) comic ever made about punk points and scene cred.  Action packed and Hazard backed.

3. Weird #1 by Noel Freibert, editor
I might be biased because I have a 4 page comic in this, but I really think it's the best alternative horror comics/writing collection to date.

4. Gangsta Rap Posse #2 by Benjamin Marra
Everything exploited, Nazis killed, need I say more?

5. Lychee Light Club by Usamaru Furuya
My favorite mangaka's homage to my other favorite mangaka (Suehiro Maruo). What more could I ask for?

Visit Zach Hazard Vaupen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atomic Reading Club 2023 - Outer Limits

Atomic Reading Club 2024: The End

Baltimore Record Shops - 40 Years Ago